Modern websites always search for the new ways to become the most recognizable and unique on the web space under the fierce competition. To pay users’ attention to the webpage, its every detail, part and section should be carefully worked out so that the visitors would want to return to it again and again.
To make a website effective and profit making, you need to add such features as user-friendliness and readability to every part of it. Starting from the header and ending with the footer. If a footer is located at the very bottom of the website, it does not mean that users rarely pay attention to it and you don’t need to focus on it. The main difference between a footer and a website body is that the footer is separated from the rest of the webpage. Being at the bottom of it a footer can differ in color from the area above.
- The copyright sign. You can see the copyright sign only in a footer. As a rule, the author places such a mark on the webpage to warn visitors that the copy and use of the information on the website is the author’s property and may be subject to the legal action. Along with the author's mark there may be a publication date, a year of the website creation, etc.
- The Sitemap. A link to the Sitemap will comfortably fit your footer. It is a good solution for the website navigation which will also help you in your SEO strategy and will level up your search results ranking. It is one of those little items which are usually left unnoticed but can be useful for some visitors. The Sitemap link drives at a detailed list of pages available on the website and divided into categories. It also gives access to the information shown on this web resource.
Some blogs have the Sitemap in their footers presented as a list of categories, the links to the latest and most interesting articles, recent comments, etc. The main purpose of these links is to leave a visitor on the website by making the information search faster and easier.
- The contact information. The contact information block will be useful for your visitors. It is a good opportunity to contact you not switching to the contact page. The contact information allows a user to find out the company’s phone number, address, work hours, roadmap, etc. faster and go directly to the product order or a purchase. Add the links to "About Us" and "Contact Us" sections in your footer. It is an excellent way to provide an easy-to-get contact information about the website on all its pages.
- Return to the Top link. Another useful element which can be found in a footer is the "Return to the Top" link. When visitors scroll down to find the information at the bottom of the webpage they usually don’t want to scroll back. Return to the Top button is the right thing to use. Mobile users will enjoy it for sure because this link can sufficiently ease the work on the mobile screens.
- The social network icons. As your website deals with social networks and you actively communicate with your target audience by using them, you should place the icons to the related sites. If you are registered with multiple resources put the icons to the most popular of them.
- The page interlinking. It is very popular now to place some interlinking elements in the footer. They duplicate the main navigation menu of the website or of its separate part. But the positioning of the multiple links in the footer makes your website optimization only worse. Thus, put nothing but useful and helpful links there.
To create an effective, helpful and eye-catching footer follow some simple tips and recommendations:
- Arrange the footer content properly. A user should take a quick look at your footer and not get confused. So divide the information into parts, make text columns for a better data review, provide a good font rendering and include large fonts. This will help you make the footer highly productive and effective. Thus, take care of a proper hierarchy of your footer content. Don’t forget about titles. A title is an important text element because it draws users’ attention to the information and tells what it is about.
- Create a good list of items. As well as font rendering, a good list is important for a footer section. Make proper intervals among blocks and headers, provide clear limits to separate the list items, use the italic font for individual elements, etc.
- Focus on a footer convenience and user-friendliness. For the best website optimization, SEO ranking and organic traffic a footer should be good looking, comfortable and convenient for the site navigation. Choose a proper font, text color, background, graphics if needed, etc. Make it a full right component of your website, but not an addition to it.
Today footers can be used for multiple marketing purposes, not only as a storage for the links and icons. They can focus a viewer's attention on the most important and meaningful site areas, contain the elements which do not fit the website body and help users quickly and easily navigate the website. Webxloo provides the top rate services on website creation, support and promotion. We will help you create a highly profitable, effective, and productive website that will meet the requirements of the modern search systems.