Modern websites always search for new ways to become the most recognizable and unique on the web amid such fierce competition. To capture a users’ attention the webpage, with its every detail, and section should be arranged so that visitors will want to return to it again and again.
To make a website effective and prosperous, you need to add features such as user-friendliness and readability in its entirety. Starting from the header and ending with the footer. Just because a footer is located at the very bottom of the website, does not mean that users rarely pay attention to it and you don’t need to focus on it. The main difference between a footer and the website body is that the footer is separated from the rest of the webpage. Being at the bottom a footer can differ in color from the area above.
- The copyright sign. You can see the copyright sign only in a footer. As a rule, the author places this mark on the webpage to make visitors aware that the copy and use of the information on the website is the author’s property and may be subject to legal action. Along with the author's mark there may be a publication date, this year of the website creation, etc.
- The Sitemap. A link to the Sitemap will nicely fit in your footer. It is a good solution for your website navigation and will also help you in your SEO strategy and will boost your search results ranking. It is one of those little items which are usually left unnoticed but can be useful for some visitors. The Sitemap link provides a detailed list of pages available on the website which are divided into categories. It also gives access to the information shown within the web resource.
Some blogs have the Sitemap in their footers presented as a list of categories, the links to the latest and most interesting articles, recent comments, etc. The main purpose of these links is to keep a visitor on the website by making search for information faster and easier.
- The contact information. The contact information block will be useful for your visitors. It is a good opportunity to contact you without switching to the contact page. The contact information allows a user to find out the company’s phone number, address, work hours, roadmap, etc. faster and then can go directly to the product order or purchase. Add links for the "About Us" and "Contact Us" sections in your footer. It is an excellent way to provide helpful contact information throughout your website on all its pages.
- Return to the Top link. Another useful element which can be found in a footer is the "Return to the Top" link. When visitors scroll down to find the information at the bottom of the webpage they usually don’t want to scroll back up. The return to the Top button is convenient to use. Mobile users will enjoy it for sure because this link can sufficiently ease the task on mobile screens.
- The social network icons. As your website deals with social networks and you actively communicate with your target audience by means of them, you should insert their icons onto the related sites. If you are registered with multiple resources put the icons on the most popular once.
- Page interlinking. It is very popular now to place some interlinking elements in the footer. They duplicate the main navigation menu of the website or of its separate parts. But the positioning of multiple links in the footer makes your website optimization only worse. Thus, put nothing but useful and helpful links there.
To create an effective, helpful and eye-catching footer follow some simple tips and recommendations:
- Arrange the footer content properly. A user should be able to take a quick look at your footer and not get confused. So divide the information into parts, make text columns for a better data review, provide good font rendering and include large fonts. This will help you make the footer highly productive and effective. Thus, incorporate a proper hierarchy for your footer content. Don’t forget about titles. A title is an important text element because it draws the users’ attention to the information and indicates what it is about.
- Create a good list of items. As well as font rendering, a suitable list is important for a footer section. Make proper intervals among blocks and headers, provide clear limits to separate the list items, use the italic font for individual elements, etc.
- Focus on footer convenience and user-friendliness. For the best website optimization, SEO ranking and organic traffic a footer should be good looking, and convenient for the site navigation. Choose a proper font, text color, background, graphics if needed, etc. Make it a complementing component of your website, but not as an addition to it.
Today footers can be used for multiple marketing purposes, not just as storage for your links and icons. They can help focus a viewer's attention on the most important and meaningful site areas, contain elements which do not fit the website body and help users quickly and easily navigate the website. Webxloo provides top-rated services for website creation, support and promotion. We will help you create a lucrative, effective, and productive website that will meet the requirements of today's modern search systems.